- 20 hrs ago Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: What Differences Can We Expect?
- 22 hrs ago Is Pixel 7 Really Worth the Upgrade Over Pixel 6?
- 22 hrs ago Google Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro To Launch in India: Can It Beat Chinese Rivals?
- 1 day ago Google Pixel Watch To Break Cover On October 6: Everything We Know So Far
- News 'Godfather' 1st day box office collection: Chiranjeevi-starrer off to a flying start
- Movies The Ghost Day 1 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Nagarjuna's Thriller Opens To Decent Numbers!
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Full List of Award Winners, Player of the Match, Player of the Tournament
- Finance Prabhudas Lilladher Picks 5 Stocks To Buy Amid Festive Cheer For Gains Up To 20%
- Education JIO ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF JIO TRUE 5G
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition Spotted - Comes With More Power & A Few Visual Tweaks
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
- Lifestyle Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Fixed After Global Outage; Zuckerberg Suffers $7 Billion Loss
WhatsApp and Instagram faced a major outage that seemed to have affected all users across the globe. Both WhatsApp and Instagram stopped working in many parts of India and other regions worldwide, preventing users from sending messages or simply loading the social media platform. The issue is now fixed, said Instagram that owned by Facebook.
Instagram, WhatsApp Outage
The issue came to the surface last night in India, where neither WhatsApp nor Instagram was functioning properly. Joining the list was Facebook, where a lot of people complained that the popular social media platform was facing an outage. In fact, Downdetector showed more than 20,000 incidents of people reporting issues with Facebook and Instagram.
At the same time, WhatsApp was unavailable to more than 14,000 users and Messenger was down for over 3,000 people, in the Indian region. Moreover, BBC reports that Downdetector said it was the largest failure it had ever seen, with 10.6 million problem reports around the world. But now, the issue seems to have been resolved.
Instagram, WhatsApp Outage Fixed
Apart from reporting to Downdetector, people also took to the only social media channel that was functioning - Twitter. Complaints poured in from across the globe with trending hashtags like #InternetDown, #ServerDown, #InstagramDown #WhatsAppNotWorking, and more. Some even went on to share memes of the outage on Twitter.
The outage lasted for about six hours with reports pouring in from all time zones. The report says the social media channels and the messaging platform went down around 4 PM GMT (around 9:30 PM Indian time) and resurfaced around 10 PM (around 3:30 AM Indian time), lasting roughly for six hours.
Mark Zuckerberg, who owns Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram confirmed the services were coming back online. "Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger are coming back online now. Sorry for the disruption today -- I know how much you rely on our services to stay connected with the people you care about," he said in a post.
Additionally, Instagram also confirmed that its services were coming back online on Twitter. "Instagram is slowly but surely coming back now - thanks for dealing with us and sorry for the wait!" the social media platform tweeted.
Zuckerberg Suffers $7 Billion Loss
This isn't the first time we're facing a massive outage on this scale. Popularly used social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook are constantly accessed throughout the day. Outages like this spark debates on data compromises and hacks. However, in this case, Facebook said no data was compromised.
On the other hand, Mark Zuckerberg seems to have suffered the most loss. The outage led to a major stock sell-off, affecting Facebook's stock drop by 4.9 percent throughout the day. The calculated loss mounts up to USD 7 billion for Zuckerberg.
Bloomberg also reports that Zuckerberg's position on the world's richest list dropped below Bill Gates, bringing down his net worth to USD 121.6 billion from YSD 140 billion just weeks ago. Every hour the outage continued, Zuckerberg continued to lose money, making him the worst-effected from the outage.