- 3 hrs ago Xiaomi 13, iQOO 11 Launch Events Called Off After The Demise Of Chinese Leader Jiang Zemin
- 3 hrs ago Infinix Hot 20S Launched: Gaming Smartphone With Helio G96 SoC, 8GB RAM
- 5 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M54 5G Spotted On Geekbench: More Powerful Than Galaxy M53 5G?
- 6 hrs ago Snapchat Launches Windows 11 App: How To Download And Use?
- Education UP NEET PG Extended Mop-Up Round 2022: Schedule Released At upneet.gov.in; Check Details Here
- News Integration of aircraft with INS Vikrant likely by June 2023: Navy Chief
- Finance Bank Locker Charges- Here are SBI, HDFC, PNB, ICICI, AXIS and Canara Bank’s Locker Charges?
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: FIFA to take action against Senegal for breaching rule, what will be the punishment?
- Lifestyle 5 Subtle Non-Verbal Signs That A Male Coworker Likes You
- Movies Did You Know Priyanka Chopra Was Scared Before She Walked Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day With Nick Jonas?
- Automobiles Upcoming Electric Scooter, River EV Spied Testing – Newcomer Gearing Up To Dethrone Ola & Ather?
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
Instagram's Sensitive Content To Be Limited For New Teen Users: How Will It Impact?
Concerns over Instagram content for teenagers have been mounting. To address the growing backlash, Instagram has altered a few things on its platform. The social media platform will automatically use its reflective content filter for any new user under 16 years and recommends existing teenagers to do the same.
Instagram Sensitive Content Controls Updated For Teens
Instagram has been steadily updating its content control settings, allowing users to have control over what they see on their Instagram feed. Among the new updates, Instagram has now updated its content settings with categories like Less, Standard, and More.
The controls can be applied to limit content showing violence, sexual imagery, and other sensitive subjects. A new update now automatically switches on the content filter for new teens signing up on Instagram. In other words, the 'Less' settings are automatically applied and will be reflected o Instagram Reels, posts, and even search.
"New teens on Instagram under 16 years old will be defaulted into the "Less" state. For teens already on Instagram, we will send a prompt encouraging them to select the "Less" experience," Instagram said in its blog update.
Additionally, Instagram will ask teenagers if they wish to set a time limit for the amount spent on the platform. The Meta-owned platform will also "encourage teens to update their safety and privacy settings".
How To Update Sensitive Content Control?
Here are the steps to update sensitive content control on Instagram:
Step 1: Open your Instagram Profile tab > select the Settings tab in the upper right corner
Step 2: Select the Account menu
Step 3: You can now see the Sensitive Content Control, which will have Less, Standard, and More options. Select any to update.
How Will It Impact Teenagers?
The emotional and psychological toll of staying relevant on Instagram has been concerning, especially for teenagers and young adults. Governmental bodies and NGOs have raised concerns over the content that they were being exposed to.
While parental controls on Instagram are available, they can only do minimal. The new content controls for new users signing up might have a better impact on their mental health. However, already existing teens might hardly make the switch to these settings.