TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
SEBI, the market watchdog joins the social networks like Facebook, Twitter and also blogs to spread the message to the investors and also to snoop discussions as a part of their oversight and investigation activities.
Securities and Exchange Board of India is looking to hire IT officers who will be responsible to keep track of social networks and blogs and the comments, discussions and other market related details.
It is also planning to have its official presence on the social networks to strengthen the information dissemination process for the investors and market participants.
Even RBI, a financial sector regulator is considering to have its presence on the social media like Twitter. A survey was conducted by RBI to check if it should have a web interface with interactive features like forums, chat and blog on the website and also a Twitter account.
The PMO has already started on Twitter and is exploring presence on Facebook. A large number of global organizations and governments have started with this to collect public views.
Experts claim that the social media is an effective place to spread the information and they are used by various departments. The other blogs that the investors refer to might have unconfirmed information and so starting there own is always good.