TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
There was a video conference online that connected about 700 doctors from India and 300 doctors from abroad. The doctors entered into conversations and also clarified the queries of others. The attendees from abroad were mostly from the Middle East.
This modern conference was in association with the Heart Care Foundation. The main objective of the conference was to spread the role that can be played by the social media and internet in order to find the solutions to the problems of the patients by consulting the best doctors.
The reports prove that the social media has detected an epidemic quite faster than the governments. The records in U.S. taken in the last five years prove that the social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook have offered more reliable data than the government in situations like flu.
This same can be done for the other health related issues also and they can be used to spread the health messages. Patients will avail the best consultation by connecting the doctors through social media like Facebook pages, Skype, Twitter Group and others. This will enable the patients to receive the best treatment without even the presence of a consultant.
This connection can also help them transfer the images and reports through the media and also get experienced opinions from the physician. This message is passed on extensively across the existing groups.
Already, a project has been started by ILBS (Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences), ECHO that works with a software that was created in the University of New Mexico. This project connects the various specialists in ILBS with the doctors from the consultation areas in case of the critical situations.