TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Twitter, one of the world's most used social networking site is set to be sued by the Brazilian Government since it helps people in Brazil to avoid traffic checkpoints , traffic controls and also provides alerts regarding police surveillance and other details that are supposed to be kept confidential. These Twitter alerts according to the Government blocks the police from discharging their duties effectively.
Taking all these into consideration, the Attorney General Of Brazil has filed an injunction seeking suspension of Twitter profiles of people who resort to tweeting information about locations of checkpoints, traffic controls and speed traps. The petitioner has also sought to impose a fine of Rs 50,000 a day on people who tweet about sensitive information.
This has led to widespread criticism from all quarters as Brazil is rapidly growing on Twitter and currently has 33.3 million accounts and is the second largest country on Twitter.