TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Reports in the past have already discussed a lot about the upcoming second generation Nexus 7. The successor to the highest selling Android-tablet has a new rumor surrounding it. According to tech analysts, the new tablet will come with a Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
This will be a new deal, as the first Nexus 7 was powered by NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The reason for Google's decision to switch to Qualcomm may be to capitalize on competitive pricing and to single source processor and 3G/4G modem to enable a more compatible platform interface.
There were rumors about the new handset being uncovered in the upcoming Google I/O 2013 conference. More tech insiders are suggesting, this might be true. Also, they are suggesting the device might go on sale, in the next ten-fifteen days of it's unveiling.
Google might be getting in a Qualcomm processor for the second generation Nexus 7. However, the news about the device being developed by Asus remains the same. Given that the first device did so well in the market, this might be a good decision for Google. There were earlier reports about how the first and second generation Nexus 7s, are expected hit the 10 million mark, in combined unit sales, by the end of this year.
Lets have a quick look at the Nexus 7 specs
Google Nexus 7 sports a 7 inch 10 point multi-touch IPS display with 1280 x 800 resolution, quad core 1.2GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS (upgradeable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean), 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, 1.2MP front camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, 4,325 mAh battery and NFC connectivity.
There is still no news about the successor's full specs. However, previous rumors have indicated that the next version of Nexus 7 will come with enhanced features compared to it's predecessor, including a full HD display, a thinner Display bezel and an enhanced version of Jelly Bean.