- 25 min ago Amazon pTron Days Sale 2020: Attractive Discounts And Offers On Headphones
- 1 hr ago Xiaomi Redmi 8 Gets Yet Another Price Hike In India: All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago Xiaomi Mi TV Lux 4K OLED TV With 120Hz Display Announced: All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago OPPO A52: Elevating The Consumer Experience With Impeccable Design & Powerful Performance
- News Modi meets brave soldiers involved in Galwan Valley clash: See pics
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF 2nd Tranche Issue To Open On 14 July; Should You Invest?
- Movies Rahul Bhat Slams Trolls Who Mistook Him As Alia’s Brother; Asks Them To Stop Tagging Him In Nonsense
- Sports Huge motivation: Bala Devi hails India's announcement as hosts of AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022
- Automobiles Hero Passion XPro Modified Into A Dirt Bike: Read More To Find Out
- Lifestyle 20 Home Remedies To Treat Nerve Weakness
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 vs Google Pixel C: What Happens When Two Super Tablet Hybrids Are Compared
The Google Pixel C is the very first tablet that has been built by the company and it has gone on sale in select markets such as the U.K. and the U.S. This device has entered the tablet arena to give a fierce competition to the Microsoft Surface Pro 4.
While Google Pixel C takes the build inheritance from the Chromebook Pixel that was launched last year. The Surface Pro 4 is quite powerful in the laptop-tablet hybrid arena.
Lately, the Surface Pro 4 received an update that improves the functionality of the convertible and resolves the issues that existed for some time.
Looking to purchase one of these models? Well, take a look at this comparison to decide which of these is the best.
Google Pixel C has a metallic appeal
Both the tabs feature different designs. The Pixel C from Google has a metallic appeal. It features stereo speakers as well. The Surface Pro 4 has a superior build quality and design and it gets the gold standard among its counterparts.
The Google tab can be snapped with an additional external Bluetooth keyboard for which you need to pay $149 (approx. Rs 10,000) more. Once the keyboard is snapped to the device, you can rotate the display to 135 degrees.
The TypeCover for the Surface Pro 4 can be attached and detached whenever needed. This also comes at an additional price of $140 (approx. 9,000) to $160 (approx. Rs 10,500).
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 has a bigger and better display
The Google Pixel C has a 10.2 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1800 pixels that results in a pixel density of 308 ppi.
The Surface Pro 4 has a 12.3 inch display that is bigger than most tablets in the market except for iPad Pro with 2736 x 1824 pixel screen resolution that is better than the Pixel C.
However, in terms of pixel density, it falls short with a relatively lower 267 ppi pixel density. The implementation of ClearType improves the visual sharpness significantly than the standard displays with sub-pixel rendering.
The Surface Pro 4 can function like a desktop with better multi-tasking
Google Pixel C is equipped with a Nvidia Tegra X1 SoC that is teamed up with 256-core Maxwell GPU. It has 3 GB of RAM and comes with 32 GB or 64 GB of default storage.
The Surface Pro 4 comes in many variants. It has Intel Core m3, Core i5 and Core i7 options for processor. There are 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB RAM choices and 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB and 1 TB options to choose for memory.
Surface Pro 4 has a decent camera for video calling
Both the models have an 8 MP main camera at their rear. The main snapper of the Surface Pro 4 has autofocus as well.
The Google Pixel C has a 2 MP front facer, whereas the Surface Pro 4 has a better 5 MP high resolution camera at its front. Of course, the latter seems to be better for video calling.
Do you choose Windows 10 or Android 6.0 Marshmallow?
The Surface Pro 4 is based on the Windows 10 OS and Google Pixel C is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Android OS comes with new features such as easier text control, updated Google volume controls, improved memory manager, Chrome Custom Tabs, and many more.
The Windows 10 platform has a new and upgraded Cortana and Microsoft Edge browser. It also has Universal apps on board.
Price-wise, the Microsoft hybrid is way too expensive
The Google Pixel C is priced around $499 (approx. Rs 35,000) for the 32 GB and $599 (approx. Rs 40.000) for the 64 GB models respectively.
The Surface Pro 4's base model is priced at $899 and it goes up to $1,799 (approx. Rs 1,20,000) that is a whopping price tag. Given that the Surface Pro 4 is designed to be a laptop replacement, this price tag is acceptable for its specs.
The Pixel C that is not as powerful as the Surface Pro 4, but it will be suitable for those who are not looking for expensively priced tablet-laptop hybrids. It all depends on your usage and requirement.