- 57 min ago Samsung Republic Fest Sale 2022: Best Deals On Top Selling Samsung Smartphones
- 4 hrs ago AMD Radeon Pro W6400, W6500M, And W6300M Server Grade GPUs Launched: Not Meant For Gaming
- 6 hrs ago Tecno Pop 5 Pro With 6,000mAh Battery Launched At Rs. 8,499; Where To Buy
- 7 hrs ago Vivo Pad To Support 44W Fast Charging, 120Hz Display; Launch Confirmed For Q1 2022
- News Websites, YouTube channels spreading lies, conspiring against India will be blocked: Minister Thakur
- Sports India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022: Player of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records and Stats
- Finance 3 Debt Free Chemical Stocks In India With M-Cap Over Rs. 10,000 Crore To Add To Your Watchlist
- Education UPPSC PCS Main Combined/USS Exam Deferred Owing To COVID, To Be Held From March 23 Onwards
- Movies French Actor Gaspard Ulliel Of Moon Knight Fame Passes Away At 37 After Ski Accident
- Automobiles Tata Tiago And Tata Tigor Top Variants Updated: New Features And Colours Added
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
- Lifestyle Do You Often Pick The Skin Around Nails? You May Have Excoriation Or Skin Picking Disorder?
Should You Buy An iPad Pro With Magic Keyboard Instead Of Laptop?
Apple iPads used to provide a middle ground between a smartphone and a laptop a few years ago. However, this has changed in the last two years, where the company now claims that the iPad Pro can finally replace your laptop.
The company has been very aggressive in pushing the iPad Pro as a true computer, which can do most of the things and the company even claims that the CPU and GPU on the newly launched iPad Pro is more powerful than some of the laptops. Is the iPad Pro really that great so that it can replace a laptop? Let's analyze the same using real-life usage cases.
iPad Pro's Display And Battery Life Is Amazing
The display and the battery life of the iPad Pro have an advantage over most of the similarly priced laptops. As it uses an ARM architecture-based mobile CPUs, the 11-inch and the 12.9-inch models can deliver 10 hours of battery life along with fast charging support via the USB Type-C port.
The same goes for the display as well, the liquid retina display on the iPad Pro is color accurate with P3 color gamut calibration along with a higher refresh rate of 120Hz. Most of the laptops that cost around $600 just come with a 1080p panel with 60Hz resolution. So, if you want a device that lasts longer and has a great display, then the iPad Pro can easily replace your laptop.
iPads Are Easy To Carry And Can Be Used Anywhere
Though the 12.9-inch iPad Pro is one of the heaviest iPad, it’s still lighter than most of the laptops with a 13-inch screen. Not just that, the iPad Pro is also thinner, making it easy to carry around. This enables the iPad to be used in almost any location without looking like a nerd.
However, to use it as a laptop, you might have to carry an additional keyboard case, which sometimes acts as a protective cover as well and it definitely makes the iPad Pro bulkier. In fact, the iPad Pro with the new Magic Keyboard weighs 3 pounds, making it heavier than the Apple MacBook Air 2020.
So, this is not a complete fool-proof solution for those who want a light-weight device, as Apple's own laptop is lighter and has some additional advantages as well.
Great Cameras For Video Conferences
Apple has upgraded the camera system on the iPad Pro and I can say with 100 percent confidence that no web camera on a laptop will be as good as a 7MP selfie camera on the iPad Pro, as most of the laptops come with an HD camera. Thanks to the Face ID system, it is also much secure and will protect your files.
Similarly, the iPad Pro's main camera also gets a refresh, which now has a dual camera solution with a dedicated ultra-wide angle lens and a LiDAR sensor to assist with AR. As most of us carry a smartphone with us, taking a picture on an iPad Pro is not the sanest thing to do in public, unless you need someone to take pictures of you with a large slate in front of your face.
iPadOS Is Still Amature Compared to Windows/macOS
There is a reason for people to use laptops over large-screen tablet computer and one of the primary criteria is app support. The iPadOS does have a great library of apps, however, it is still far away from being perfect. Most of the apps on the iPad's App Store are derived from the iOS or they are just upscaled apps from iPhone.
The availability of some of the software or apps used by professions is still limited to macOS or Windows OS. So, even though the iPad Pro is more powerful than the base model of the MacBook Air, it still might not be able to run all the software that one might need.
With the latest update, iPadOS now supports mouse curser and in the coming days, it is likely to get better. However, in the present scenario, a device with iPadOS cannot replace a laptop with Windows 10 OS macOS Catalina.
Which One Should You Pick?
If you are planning to buy a base variant of the iPad Pro in India with the Magic Keyboard, the whole package will cost you around Rs. 1,00,000. And for the same price, one can also get the new MacBook Air with 10th Gen Intel processor and Magic Keyboard.
The iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard combo will definitely cost as much as a MacBook Air. Similarly, one can also get a Windows laptop around Rs. 1,00,000, which will be much powerful than the MacBook Air or the iPad Pro combo.
For my line of work, which is writing a lot of content, watching videos, and taking pictures, I would prefer the iPad Pro with LTE support. However, a coder, gamer developer, or a software engineer might opt for an old-school laptop due to software compatibility.