TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 coming in October, to feature Intel Skylake CPU & Windows 10
Rumors are rife that Microsoft is working on the next gen Surface tablet. Now a new report suggests that the rumored Surface Pro 4 will get unveiled in October.
Digitimes has reported, on the basis of information gathered by its industry sources, that Microsoft has asked its upstream supply chain to start mass shipment of components for the upcoming Surface Pro 4 in September. The report mentions that with the shipments in September, the tablet should be made available in the market in October.
The report also mentions that the new Surface tablet will be powered by a bumped up processor, expected to be Intel's new Skylake SoC, and run on Windows 10 OS. As for other specs and design, the tablet will take design cues from its predecessor, and come with similar ultra-thin form factor, bezel size and large-size display as on the Surface Pro 3.
In addition to that, the report also claims that Microsoft Surface Pro 3 shipment numbers have increase to touch 300,000 units per month mark, up from the 200,000-250,000 units per month in the first quarter. Nevertheless, Microsoft seems to have higher expectations from the yet to be launched Surface Pro 4, considering that the report also says that with the launch of the Surface Pro 4 tablet, Microsoft expect its tablet shipments to rise to a whopping 500,000-600,000 units per month.
SEE ALSO: Intex iRist first-impressions: Overpriced SMART watch, with SIM slot & Android goodness!
Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is a 2-in-1 device that has better scope of sales in the market as it integrates good performance with a thin and stylish form factor. We hope that the Surface Pro 4 maintains the momentum for the company.