Bharti Airtel All Set to Buy Alcatel-Lucent Stake

By Gizbot Bureau

    The Indian telecom service provider, Bharti Airtel confirmed its decision to buy Alcatel-Lucent's stake completely. Alcatel-Lucent is a joint-venture company that currently manages the broadband network and fixed line network for Airtel.

    The company as an initial step will acquire the stakes completely of Alcatel-Lucent India, which now owns a part of its stake. Alcatel-Lucent Managed Network Service in India began in 2009, during which the telecom major, Airtel owned a 26% stake in it. The remaining 74% in the unit was managed by Alcatel-Lucent's Indian arm.

    Bharti Airtel All Set to Buy Alcatel-Lucent Stake


    A network contract was signed by both parties for a period of five years which is subjected to end in 2014 April. The financial details of the acquisition are not disclosed yet. After, the scheduled buyout, the firm will operate independent of Bharti. Other operators will be invited to join the venture in equity and broadband management after a certain period.

    The planned buy-out of Alcatel-Lucent stakes is in view of Airtel's new business model to manage its broadband and fixed line networks. Shishir Kumar, the present CEO of the upper north region is also appointed the CEO of the joint-venture. The company is trying to break into new ground in the industry with this deal.

    Bharati is one company that has revolutionized telecom industry with its innovative methods and is still on its way to do the same. The new model is expected to give users a better data experience across India. The company also said that it is trying to strengthen its transition by employing proven tools and processes.

    Read More About: bharti airtel news airtel network
    Opinion Poll

    Stay updated with latest technology news & gadget reviews - Gizbot

    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Yes No
    Settings X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Gizbot sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gizbot website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more