TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
The Indian telecom service provider, Bharti Airtel confirmed its decision to buy Alcatel-Lucent's stake completely. Alcatel-Lucent is a joint-venture company that currently manages the broadband network and fixed line network for Airtel.
The company as an initial step will acquire the stakes completely of Alcatel-Lucent India, which now owns a part of its stake. Alcatel-Lucent Managed Network Service in India began in 2009, during which the telecom major, Airtel owned a 26% stake in it. The remaining 74% in the unit was managed by Alcatel-Lucent's Indian arm.
A network contract was signed by both parties for a period of five years which is subjected to end in 2014 April. The financial details of the acquisition are not disclosed yet. After, the scheduled buyout, the firm will operate independent of Bharti. Other operators will be invited to join the venture in equity and broadband management after a certain period.
The planned buy-out of Alcatel-Lucent stakes is in view of Airtel's new business model to manage its broadband and fixed line networks. Shishir Kumar, the present CEO of the upper north region is also appointed the CEO of the joint-venture. The company is trying to break into new ground in the industry with this deal.
Bharati is one company that has revolutionized telecom industry with its innovative methods and is still on its way to do the same. The new model is expected to give users a better data experience across India. The company also said that it is trying to strengthen its transition by employing proven tools and processes.