- 24 min ago BGMI Redeem Codes For June 22, 2021
- 1 hr ago Facebook Audio Rooms Rolls Out With Clubhouse-Like Features; Can It Beat Competition?
- 2 hrs ago Realme To Launch Its First DIZO Product On July 1
- 11 hrs ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- Finance Sun Pharma Stock Up, Settles Patent Litigation For Generic Revlimid
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Has THIS To Say About Her Bonding With Rahul Vaidya
- News Shiv Sena MP slams UGC for asking varsities to put up banners thanking PM for free vaccination drive
- Automobiles Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- Sports Exciting heavyweight contenders bout headlines UFC Vegas 30
- Lifestyle Here Is The Difference Between Immunisation, Vaccination And Inoculation
- Education Bihar DElEd Registration 2022 Begins, Apply Before July 5
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
MHL Consortium: A Leading Mobile HD Connectivity Technology Looking To Expand In India
Market for smartphones and tablets have picked up rapidly over the last 2 years, while the PC market has been on a steady decline. These miniature computing devices are increasingly becoming faster and more feature-packed and people are becoming more and more aware of the perks of owning one.
Now a days, even the small-screen-sizes of mobile devices no longer prove to be a limitation, as they are equipped with features to allow users to connect them to big screens. MHL Consortium founded by Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Images, Sony and Toshiba is one company that has looked to enable, just that.
The company provides High-detailed specifications for an eco-system, which enables mobile devices to connect to big screens and in-turn allow users to watch HD videos, play video games or work on business presentations. According to Michael Bergen, senior partner alliance manager, MHL LLC, this ecosystem has been adopted by some of the world's leading mobile and consumer electronics companies including Sony, Samsung, Lenovo, LG Mobile, HTC amongst others. There are over 220 million products enabled with MHL technology said Bergen.
MHL technology features:
Greater than 900mA power to charge your mobile device
1080p / 60fps full HD content protected video
Up to 8 channels surround sound
Fully interoperable with the TV remote control
No lag when playing games, music, or videos
Content protection through HDCP
You can connect MHL enabled mobile devices to television sets (MHL enabled) for a immersive gaming experience via large screens. Also you can use game controllers such as Moga to get a gaming console like feel.
MHL enabled devices lets you watch videos on the big screen via streaming applications and stored videos on your mobile devices.
You can run entrainment applications, office apps or edit photos on the big screen. Also, you can use Bluetooth enabled keyboards and mouse to get a PC like feel.
Remote Control Protocol (RCP)
MHL enabled devices come with Remote Control Protocol, which allows you to use a TV remote to control videos, music or apps.
Featured Apps and Games
Content is key when it comes to MHL, so a curated list of "Featured Apps and Games," has been put up on the Meet MHL website that focuses on apps and games using TVs, projectors and PC monitors to display exciting content from a consumer's mobile device. You can find out more here
For now MHL technology is only used by certain Android powered mobile devices. Gizbot asked Bergen on whether the company had plans to extend it's ecosystem for iOS and Windows Phone 8 devices. He replied " We would love to work with Microsoft and Apple, but currently we do not have any arrangements with them"
"India could be a major asset to the company, as it has over 906 million mobile subscribers and the potential of growth for MHL could be enormous. We are currently in talks with a few Indian companies regarding this" He added.