TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
The Global marketing head of Sony Mobile, Steve Walker has offered his resignation and is to leave the company at the end of March. After 17 years of service at the company, Walker will walk off after giving the final touches to the marketing of the next, much anticipated smartphone model of the company. He is in charge of kickstarting the global marketing of the international version of the smartphone Sony Xperia Z. The model is a much anticipated one especially after it was showcased at the CES.
The phone comes equipped with 5-inches FHD screen, 13.1 MP camera at the back, 1.5 GHz quad core processor as well as waterproofing.
Steve walker said regarding his decision to resign from Sony Mobile that the launch of the new device for Sony Mobile with the global marketing campaign that has been undertaken with it marks the next chapter in the story of the company. He said that since this important milestone has been achieved he believed that it was time for him to move on to other challenges.
His position will be taken over by Jacob stein. He will be taking over the post at a time when Sony Mobile is facing tough competition from the Chinese duo, Huawei and ZTE.
Steve Walker joined Ericson during the 1990's and attained the top marketing position in 2011. After Sony had bought out Ericson, he was in charge of rebranding the company to Sony mobile from Sony Ericson. The Japanese media and tech giant took over its partner only last year.