- NEC Technology bags order from BSNL to build submarine cable system
- Jio GigaFiber effect: BSNL revamps FTTH broadband internet plans
- BSNL launches “Prepaid Land Line service” without rental charges
- BSNL introduces 'Wings' Internet Telephony Service with unlimited audio, video calling at Rs 1,099
- BSNL prepaid plans revamped to offer more data
- BSNL improves connectivity in Andaman & Nicobar in two years
As said earlier, it is one of the oldest telecom company which was initially started in 2000 and spread across the country. Due to the entrance of several other telecom services such as Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, so on, the telecom company has lost its grip on the sector, however, they fought back with their aggressive strategy.
Are you planning to switch over to BSNL network? Or Are you getting a new BSNL SIM card? Here are the five things you should know about the telecom network before becoming a member.
The SIM Card Costs Just Rs. 20
Unlike other telecom services who steal your pockets for their SIM cards, the BSNL SIM card costs your just 20 rupees and can be activated within 24 hours.
You can choose your number online
BSNL allows you to choose your mobile number online and reserves them for future use, however, you need to visit nearest BSNL store to submit your documents and grab your SIM card.
Has 4G Service in only selected areas
It is worth noticing that BSNL does not have their 4G license all over the country. And, at times, you might face some network drops and call drops due to signal fluctuation.
Has 4G Support with Reliance Jio
Recently, the company announced that they will be using Reliance Jio's 4G services in roaming areas for better network reception and Reliance Jio will be using 2G data services of BSNL for voice calls when not on data connection.
Activating a BSNL SIM card isn't a tuff task. The SIM card will be activated within 24 hours after you got your hands on it. Having said that, the usual tele-verification should be done as per TRAI regulations.