- 8 min ago How to make your Android device safe for kids
- 2 hrs ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 3 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 3 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- Sports ICC World Cup: Warner, Smith booed by crowd in warm-up match against England
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Could This Be Vodafone's Plan to Combat Reliance Jio?
Vodafone to expand its 4G network to 8 more circles very soon.
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio took the telecom industry by storm in the county. With its "Welcome Offer," the company has introduced an unprecedented offer which urged other major telcos in the country to cut down their tariff plans in order to keep up.
Of late, speculations are abuzz that Mukesh Ambani's sudden plans to introduce such unprecedented offer is his subtle way of turning the black money legit. While the actual reason behind it is unknown, the offer has certainly benefited the Indian citizens. With that being said, it didn't have similar effects on other telcos in the country.
Ever since Reliance Jio introduced the "Welcome Offer" in the country, major telcos like Bharti Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have been showering offers either by slashing the prices of existing plans or by coming up with new offers.
And in what appears to be an approach to dethrone Reliance Jio from where it managed to position itself today, Vodafone has announced that it'll be expanding its 4G network to a few more circles in the country.
Here's how the telco is planning to take down Reliance Jio.
4G services across 8 additional circles by March 2017
Vodafone, on Thursday, has announced that it will be adding 8 more circles to the already existing ones to make its presence more prominent in the country by March 2017.
Includes 2400 new towns
The expansion of its 4G network to new circles involves the inclusion of key circles of Maharashtra, Goa, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Assam, UP (West) and other North Eastern parts of the country.
It already has strong presence in major circles in the country
Vodafone already has a strong presence in major circles such as Mumbai, Delhi and NCR, Kolkata, Karnataka, Kerala, Haryana, Gujarat, UP (East), and West Bengal. Therefore expanding the network to more circles will help the telco give some tough competition to Jio in the long run.
All thanks to its recent spectrum acquisitions
Earlier, Vodafone network presence was limited to 1000 towns in the country. But, all thanks to its recent acquisitions of huge airwaves at the spectrum auction which now allows the operator to expand to new circles in the country.