- How to activate Amazon Prime membership on Vodafone RED postpaid plans
- Content is emerging as revenue generator in the competitive telecom market: Ind- Ra
- Telecom Industry is expected to be stabilized in a few quarters: ICRA
- Vodafone announces 50% discount on Amazon Prime membership, but there is a catch
- Vodafone to offer free call, recharge vouchers, money transfer service to Pandharpur Yatris
- Vodafone introduces new postpaid plans, promises Lowest Bill Guarantee
Vodafone, the country's second-largest telecom operator has launched 4G services across cities in India. However, 4G is limited to metros and only a handful of cities. The 4G Roll out is only in a few cities and is being rolled out in phases.Vodafone 4G is available in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore and in Kerala and Mysore.
On 8th December 2015, Vodafone announced the roll out of its 4G network in India on 1800 MHz band, starting from Kochi, Kerala. If you an existing Vodafone customer, you can change from your current Vodafone network and get a 4G Sim card. The process is simple and hassle free. Vodafone is also offering 1GB free data on getting a new 4G SIM card.
Here are 5 steps to get the Vodafone 4G SIM:
Walk in to the nearest Vodafone Store or Vodafone Mini Store.
Submit required documents or go through Verification process as requested by Vodafone Staff at the Vodafone Store.
Vodafone will give you an activation card that can be converted to 4G after a simple Process. From your existing SIM card you will have to send a message to 551 99. SMS SIMEX <19 Digit 4G SIM Card Number> and send it to 551 99.The 19 digit number is given in your new SIM card given for activation.
You will receive an SMS from Vodafone with the number you have entered. Validate the message with a reply with the last 6 digits of the new SIM number within 2 hours.
After you are validated and verified, your request for SIM replacement of your Vodafone Number will be completed in 20 minutes.Insert your new SIM after 20 minutes to enjoy 4G services.