- 1 hr ago Vi Launches Rs.75 Prepaid Plan For Low-Income Group; Offering Calling And Data Benefits
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy M22 With 25W Charging Spotted On FCC Certification; Another Affordable Phone?
- 1 hr ago Exclusive: Ubon To Launch Products In UAE, Nepal, Sri Lanka, And Bangladesh
- 1 hr ago Mi Watch Revolve Active With In-Built GPS, SpO2 Monitoring Launched In India: Price, Features, And Sale
- News A shot in the arm: How govt achieved highest-single day vaccination coverage?
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Movies Sonu Sood Reacts To A Twitter User's Request Whose Girlfriend Is Demanding For An I-Phone
- Sports There can't be any discrimination: Rijiju on additional COVID-19 restrictions on India's Olympic-bound
- Finance Trading In Cryptocurrencies To Get Costlier In India: Here's Why
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
- Automobiles 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works JCW Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
How to Use a Reliance Jio SIM in any Dongle [ 5 Simple Steps]
Also Read: How to Use Reliance Jio 4G SIM in 3G Phones
Many people all over India might have got their hands on the Reliance Jio SIM card. There were some rumors recently saying that the service is now open to all 4G smartphones as well.
Now, many people will be wondering that Does Reliance Jio is limited to only 4G enabled smartphones? The simple answer is No. You can use the SIM card on any devices such as dongles, irrespective of the brand.
Check out the sliders below on how to use Reliance Jio SIM card on any dongle!
Supported Jio SIM Cards
There are many ways to get a Reliance Jio SIM card. We already listed all the ways to get a SIM card. However, at the initial phase, Reliance Jio SIM card was only made available for employees and Lyf smartphones. That said, if your SIM belongs to a Lyf smartphone, you cannot use it in a dongle.
Also, if you acquired the SIM card using an HP Preview offer, then you might be unlucky as you won't be able to use the Jio SIM card in a dongle.
If you got the SIM from a Samsung or any other 4G enabled smartphone, you can easily use it in a dongle.
Insert the SIM Card in Your Dongle!
The initial step of this process is to get your SIM card to be inserted in any dongle whether it be Airtel or any other dongle which has support for 4G. Connect your dongle to your PC or Laptop and wait for the connection to establish.
Once after connecting your dongle, wait for a notification to occur. If that doesn't happen, just go to your dongle settings. If you're using Windows 8 and above, then you need to head over to the notification panel and set the APN settings as follows.
Access Point Name: Jionet
Once after setting the access point name, leave all the columns empty and click on ok.
Some Dongles Will Automatically Choose the APN
Do make a note that, some dongles will automatically choose the APN. However, we recommend you to check the internet connection by opening your browser. If it doesn't load any web page, then you have the set the APN manually.
Voila! You're Using Jio 4G with a Dongle
If all goes well, you will be connected to the internet and will be able to use the Reliance Jio 4G on your laptop or PC with the help of a dongle. If you face any issues, reboot your system and try again.