- 17 min ago Redmi 7A with splash resistance announced: Price, specifications and features
- 32 min ago Vivo Z5x official press renders confirms key specifications and design; launch set for today
- 34 min ago RJio leads wireless broadband market with 56% market share: ICRA
- 47 min ago Call of Duty Mobile Beta version releases for Android: How to register
- Finance Infosys Acquires 75% Stake In ABN Amro's Stater
- Movies Hidden Meaning Behind Rashmika Mandanna's TATTOO REVEALED! Is It Rakshit Shetty's Influence?
- News Andhra Pradesh assembly election 2019 results: Here's the full list of winners
- Sports Harmanpreet Kaur wanted to take a break from international cricket following Mithali Raj row in T20 World Cup
- Lifestyle Pangastritis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Automobiles Toyota Will Not Update The Corolla Altis To BS-VI Norms — Suzuki To Miss Out On C-Segment Offering
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Reliance Jio Data Speeds are Down by 50 Percent, Subscriber Growth Too Slows Down
According to the latest report, Reliance Jio is currently experiencing a slowdown in subscriber growth and the data speeds are down by nearly 50 percent.
Reliance Jio has taken the entire country by storm. The service was widely touted as the country's fastest network till date and they have promised data speeds up to 2MBPS to 35MBPS.
However, in a recent survey conducted by Motilal Oswal, the country's newest telecom operator is facing a crisis in terms of a number of subscribers and much slower data speeds.
Having said that, the Mukesh Ambani-led company expected to get nearly 100 million subscribers per month, but that's not going to happen according to this report.
Let's take a quick look at what the report further says.
Slow Down in Subscribers
The inaugural launch was very grand. In fact, we earlier reported that the service as fastest one to get 16 million users in the country. But, those are faded away.
17-24 million Subscribers in 45 Days
Reliance Jio has received an overwhelming response and they have added 16 million users in just 25 days. However, that quickly changed as the company managed to get just 8 million subscribers in the next 45 days.
Reason: Feedback of Slow Data Speeds
What's the major reason for this slowdown in subscribers? The company promised data speeds of up to 2MBPS to 35MBPS. But, that's not the exact scenario as the speeds are just numbers and noticeably, the speeds are barely hitting 1MBPS for many and most of the time, it stays between 200KBPS.
Demonetization Also Adding to Jio’s Woes
After PM Narendra Modi announcing the Demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes in India, Reliance Jio has hit with a major setback as several citizens of India are spending their time in front of ATM's.
Will Jio be Perfect as a Secondary SIM Card?
A lot of readers of GIZBOT are complaining that they are not ready to use Reliance Jio 4G SIM card as their primary SIM due to many reasons including the famous call drops, slow data speeds, not so reliable customer service, etc.