- JioPhone software update brings Google Maps support
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber internet to cost Rs. 500 to Rs. 700 per month; November rollout likely
- JioPhone 2 and Jio GigaFiber announced at the AGM
- RIL 41st Annual General Meeting: Watch the live stream here
- Reliance JioFiber with 100GB per month at 100Mbps speed may launch soon in India
- Reliance Jio rolls out 3 data plans for JioLink users
While the Reliance Jio Welcome Offer that bundles free 4G data, voice calls, and messages will be valid until December 31, 2017, the users of the service will be automatically migrated to the Jio Base Plans.
Interested users can recharge their Jio number to choose a tariff plan from the already announced Jio Standard Tariff Plans and get free voice calls and messages for a period of up to 28 days. There are reports that the Welcome Offer will be extended until March 2017 so that users can enjoy unlimited voice calls, 4G data usage, and messages for 3 more months.
Also Read: Diwali Offers for 4G Users
However, if you aren't interested in subscribing to any of the Jio Standard Tariff Plans that were announced back in September, then you can make use of the Jio Base Plans. Get to know more about the Jio Base Plans from here.
What is Jio Base Plan?
The base plans are nothing exclusive to Reliance Jio. In any service, if you haven't subscribed to any specific plan offered by the service provider, you can make use of the base plan that will charge you for every activity that you do such as calls, messages, data consumed, and so on. Basically, yo will be migrated to the Base Plans of Jio after the expiry of the Welcome Offer.
Jio Base Tariff for the home circle
If you are using the Reliance Jio number in your home circle, you will have to pay the follow charges.
- Voice calls (local, STD, on/off network) - 2p/sec
- Video calls (local, STD, on/off network) - 5p/sec
- SMS (local,STD) - Re. 1/SMS
- International SMS - Rs. 5/SMS
- 4G Data - 0.5p/10KB
Jio Base Tariff while roaming
f you are using the Reliance Jio number while roaming, you will have to pay the follow charges.
- Local outgoing voice calls - 80p/min
- STD outgoing voice calls - Re. 1.15/min
- Incoming voice calls - 45p/min
- SMS (local, STD, international) - 25p/ 38p/ Rs. 5 per SMS
- 4G Data - 0.5p/10KB
Base tariff is quite expensive
The Reliance Jio Base Tariff Plans are quite expensive than the Jio Standard Tariff Plans. Once the Welcome Offer is over on December 31, 2016, you will be migrated to the Base tariff. You need to activate any of the tariff plans announced by the service provider ranging from Rs. 19 to Rs. 4,999 to enjoy reduced tariff.
Click here for more 4G smartphones
No free voice calls
If you haven't subscribed to any of the Jio tariff plans, then you will not be able to enjoy the free voice calls offer. With the Base plans, you cannot enjoy this benefit that the service provider is offering.