- 36 min ago Head Injuries Have Spiked After Apple Launched Its iPhone: Researchers
- 2 hrs ago Sony IMX 686 Vs Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1: Battle Of 64MP Smartphone Cameras
- 4 hrs ago Week 49, 2019 Launch Roundup: Vivo iQOO Neo, Motorola One Hyper, Nokia 2.3, Vivo Y9s And More
- 10 hrs ago OnePlus Exporting 5G Smartphones From India: Report
- News Was assured support of all 54 MLAs by Ajit Pawar: Fadnavis
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Sports Joshua beats Ruiz Jr on points in Diriyah rematch to regain titles
- Lifestyle 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
What is e-SIM on the iPhone XS? How to get an e-SIM in India from Jio and Airtel
e-SIM card is only available in ten countries
Apple finally launched an iPhone with dual SIM card capability. In fact, both the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max does support dual SIM cards (depending on market). In China, a user can use two physical SIM cards, whereas, in countries like India and the US, a user can use a single physical SIM and an e-SIM.
What is an e-SIM card?
As the name suggests e-SIM is an electronic SIM, which does not have a physical form factor. Instead, a telecom provider can programme the SIM details to a smartphone (the SIM will be embedded into the iPhones). Coming to India, Jio, and Airtel are the only two telecom providers, which support e-SIM cards in India.
How to get an e-SIM in India?
As mentioned earlier, the only way to use dual SIM card slot on the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max is through the e-SIM feature. To get an e-SIM card, a user has to visit the Airtel or Jio store and has to submit the required documents for verification. Later, the SIM details will be programmed to the smartphone (in this case the iPhone XS or the iPhone XS Max). The complete process should not take more than a single day, as biometric verification is the standard SIM issuance protocol.
Airtel is only offering e-SIM cards for those who have a postpaid connection. As of now, there is no information on how to available an e-SIM on Airtel for e pre-paid connection. Albeit, Jio is offering e-SIM cards for both pre-paid and post-paid connections with any plan at free of cost under JioEverywhereConnect feature.
e-SIM supported countries?
As of now, only ten countries supports e-SIM cards, which includes in India. Jio and Airtel are the only two telecom providers in India that support e-SIM.