- 12 hrs ago BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- 13 hrs ago Infinix S5 Available At Rs. 8,999: Specifications And Colors
- 13 hrs ago Cisco And Value Point Opens Its First Cyber Security Experience Centre In Bengaluru
- 13 hrs ago Diwali Gift Ideas: Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Automobiles Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Goodbye 3G: Airtel Phases Out 3G Technology In Kolkata
India's leading telecom operator Bharti Airtel is now phasing out its 3G technology in the county.
The telco has announced the shutdown of its 3G network in Kolkata, and now mobile broadband services in the city will be available on 4G.
The new move comes at that time when the company is expanding its 4G reach across the country; however, there is a catch as Airtel will continue to provide 2G services in the city to serve the feature phone users.
Airtel also said that all customers on 3G were duly notified and requested to upgrade their handsets/SIMs to continue enjoying best-in-class smartphone experience.
Furthermore, the telco is deploying state-of-the-art L900 technology in the 900 MHz band to complement its 4G services in the 2300 Mhz and 1800 Mhz bands.
With L900, smartphone customers will enjoy improved 4G availability inside buildings - homes, offices, and malls. It will also result in a wider availability of 4G and a superior network experience across Kolkata.
Airtel 4G In Lakshshadweep
Bharti Airtel has recently announced the launch of its 4G services in the pristine Lakshadweep Islands.
According to the company, its 4G services will enable local residents to enjoy digital services like HD quality video streaming, superfast downloads, and uploads, high speeds of internet browsing.
Furthermore, Airtel 4G is LIVE across Agatti, Bangaram, and Kavaratti to begin with and will be gradually expanded to other islands of the archipelago.
Airtel informed that its 4G services will be available in Lakshadweep initially and it will gradually be expanded to other parts of the islands.
Meanwhile, the telco has announced that it has extended Airtel Thanks benefits to its 'V-Fiber' Home Broadband users subscribed to the Rs 1,099 plan.
Why Airtel Phasing Out 3G
Airtel and Almost all telecom players are investing a huge amount of money in 4G expansion. And now we believe that Airtel is going to adopt a similar strategy with other circles.