- 2 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 4 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 5 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 15 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: The Kapil Sharma Show Witnesses A Jump; Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega Enters!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Live Score: Kohli and band seek important win
- News Bihar: 84 children die within 2 weeks due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
io VoWi-Fi services will be limited to Jio network but the company will expand its services to other networks too.
After launching telecom services in India, Reliance Jio is now planning to launch VoWi-Fi ( Voice over Wi-Fi), Telecomtalk reported.
According to a report Jio is testing VoWi-Fi service in circles like Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Kerala among others.
However, there is no concrete information that when Jio will launch this service for the public. And in the early stages, Jio VoWi-Fi services will be limited to Jio network but the company will expand its services to other networks too.
Infact last year in June DOT had amended license conditions, which allow telcos to allow a single mobile number for both cellular mobile service and internet telephony service.
DOT said, the licensees should comply with all the interception and monitoring-related requirements as specified in the license as amended from time to time for providing internet telephony.
The subscribers may be informed about the limitation of providing access to emergency services to internet telephony subscribers in unambiguous terms. The licensees must inform the quality of service parameter supported by them for internet telephony so that the subscribers can take an informed decision, DOT added.
To recall, Jio reported a 64.7 percent increase in its net profit to Rs 840 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company had posted a net profit of Rs.510 crore in the same quarter a year ago.
The operating revenue of Reliance Jio rose 55.8 percent to Rs 11,106 crore during the same period. Reliance Jio had recorded quarterly revenue of Rs 7,128 crore in the same quarter a year earlier.
Jio also noted that JioGigaFiber services for Home broadband, Entertainment, Smart Home Solutions, Wireline, and Enterprise has witnessed overwhelming customer interest across 1,400 cities
The telco pointed out that Reliance Industries Limited, parent of the Company, awaits regulatory approvals to complete the recently announced investment in Den Networks Limited and Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited. Post completion of the transaction.