- 16 hrs ago Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- 17 hrs ago Poco X3 First Impressions: Impressive By All Means
- 20 hrs ago WhatsApp ‘Expiring Media’ Feature Spotted In Latest Beta Version
- 20 hrs ago Top 10 Fantasy Cricket Apps For IPL 2020: Which One To Play And Win Exciting Prizes
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Automobiles 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
How to get a new SIM card without Aadhaar card: The new KYC method
Users can now get a new SIM card with Passport, Voter ID, or Driver's license
There has been a lot of speculations about using Aadhar's e-KYC feature to activate a new SIM card. And now, after supreme court's verdict has made clear that Aadhar is mandatory for getting a new SIM card activation. Here is a complete detail on how to get a new SIM card without Aadhaar card or Aadhar number?
Use any of the government authorised address proof
DoT (department of telecommunication) has officially confirmed that users can use either a Driver's license, Passport, and a voter ID as an address proof to procure a new SIM connection.
The SIM card vendor will scan your address proof and will capture a live photo of the applicant at the time of registration. The entire process will happen digitally, offering a faster network activation. The SIM vendor will also have a unique ID, which will be considered for the SIM authenticity of the activation at the time of KYC process.
In fact, telecom companies like Bharti Airtel and Vodafone have already started the new digital KYC system in cities like New Delhi and UP.
This law also re-affirms that updating your SIM (Aadhaar linking) card with Aadhar e-KYC process is not mandatory, and the numbers which are not attached to Aadhaar number will not face de-activation at any cost.
Get a new SIM with Aadhaar number as well
A user can always use his Aadhaar number for a new SIM card activation, given that the users are not worried about risks associated with Aadhar number or Aadhar card.
And now, it is pretty clearly getting a new SIM card does not involve in sharing your Aadhaar number. If a SIM vendor does not accept any of the government authorised ID, then users can register a complaint about the vendor to the DoT.
With the implementation of this feature, users can get new SIM cards, internet connection, or a Wi-Fi connection with the universal KYC process.