- 5 hrs ago Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- 7 hrs ago OnePlus 11 Color Variants Tipped Ahead of Launch; Premium Phones In Offing?
- 7 hrs ago Paytm Will Reapply To Be A 'Payment Aggregator': Will It Affect End Users?
- 7 hrs ago India Vs New Zealand ODI Series: How To Watch It For Free Using VPN
- News 'Xi Jinping, step down!': Protesters in China chant against Covid restrictions
- Finance What are the Essential Documents Required to file an ITR?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Saudi Arabian giants Al Nassr make £186m three-year offer to Ronaldo
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Lifestyle Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
These Indian Cities To Embrace 5G Before Any Other; Is Yours On The List?
The fifth generation of mobile networks - 5G will soon be upon us, and the deployment of the services in the country will be helmed by leading telcos like Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel, and Adani data networks. Existing media reports suggest that the telecom operators are all set to roll out the next-generation wireless communication services as early as October. Besides, Jio, Airtel, and Vi are believed to be in the final phase of their 5G rollout and are conducting trials in various parts of the country.
Airtel recently confirmed that it will launch 5G services as early as this month with a wider rollout planned for early 2024. It was also confirmed that the 5G plans from the telco will be restricted only to the users of premium plans initially. In addition, Jio is also betting big on the 5G rollout in the country.
First Phase Of 5G Rollout In India
Similar to the rollout of 4G services a few years back, the telcos will offer 5G services in a phased manner. Initially, they will offer the next-gen wireless communication services in select cities on a pilot basis and will expand the same to other areas later.
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has chosen 13 cities to get the 5G services in the first phase of the rollout. These cities are listed below.
Users in any of these cities are likely to experience 5G services in the coming days or weeks. Recent reports suggest that Vi is on the verge of rolling out 5G in the Delhi-NCR circle and is urging customers to upgrade to a 5G SIM card soon. The telco has already conducted 5G trials in Bengaluru last month.
How Much Could 5G Cost?
Citing the statement of the Union minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, the high-speed 5G services would be made accessible all over India within two to three years. It was also revealed that 5G will be available at affordable prices. In his Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that 5G services would provide 10 times faster speed. However, the thumb rule is that 5G will deliver 100Mbps speed and it is subject to vary while that of 4G ranges from 60 to 70Mbps.