- News From just two seats to second term: A look at BJP's journey since 1984 Lok Sabha polls
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Lifestyle 7 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Automobiles Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Shocking News: Reliance Jio Might Not Introduce its DTH Service!
Reliance Jio has been in the news for a while now, but this time it's for the Jio DTH services. The Mukesh Ambani-led telco was speculated to launch its DTH services sometime in December this year.
In fact, a few reports locked down December 15 for the official launch. But now, rumour has it that the telco is not going to launch the service in the first place.
Yes, that's right! Apparently, Jio is not going to launch the much-anticipated DTH service. As cited in a report published by rtn.asia, the telco has not purchased DTH satellite spectrum from any vendor nor does it has required infrastructure to set up a "marketing and distribution network for its dishes and set-top boxes."
The report further goes on to suggest that people are confused the DTH service with the JioTV app - which is already available for downloads on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. It also posits that the DTH service, Reliance Jio is speculated to offer is nothing but just mirroring the smartphone's screen on to your TV.
In case people are having tough time mirroring content on to their TVs in high quality despite having a 4G connection on their smartphone, users can connect their phone to any broadband to enjoy uninterrupted services - which also brings us to another problem.
Earlier, leaks suggested that for the Jio DTH set top box to work, one would need a proper fiber connection. But, currently, Jio's fiber connections are available only in a few metros like Mumbai and Chennai. The service is expected to be rolled out to 100 more cities but obviously, it will consume a good amount of time.