- 4 hrs ago Upcoming Vivo Smartphones Highly Anticipated To Launch in 2020
- 11 hrs ago Nokia C1, Android Go Smartphone Announced, But Lacks 4G Support
- 13 hrs ago ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- 14 hrs ago Tariff Hike Might Force Users Switch To Messaging Apps For Calls: Report
- Movies Mahesh Bhatt To Mark His Digital Debut With A Yet-Untitled Project
- News As CAB set to be new law, North East Indigenous People's Forum demands ILP in Meghalaya
- Sports Dinamo Zagreb 1-4 Manchester City: Jesus hat-trick ends Dinamo dream
- Lifestyle Men On Bike Chase Runaway Horse Carriage Only To Meet With A Cringe-Worthy Fate
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Tata Sky introduces 14 new regional packs: Price starts from Rs. 7
Tata Sky has attempted a similar move as Airtel Digital TV.
Update: Tata Sky has now introduced a slew of HD add-on or mini packs for the subscribers. The pricing of these packs starts from Rs. 5. On the whole, the DTH service provider offers 21 packs now. Of these, 9 offer HD channels and the rest offer SD channels.
Recently, Airtel Digital TV introduced an array of regional packs. Now, following its footsteps, Tata Sky has revealed a slew of 14 new regional packs priced starting from Rs. 7. These regional packs offered by the DTH (Direct to Home) service provider is applicable for all the Tata Sky users in India. Similar to the Airtel Digital TV regional packs, these packs also come with an additional NCF charge of Rs. 153.
With these new regional packs, Tata Sky helps users by eliminating the hassle of choosing A-la-Carte channels that they need individually. A few weeks back, the company unveiled the pricing of individual channels and started accepting orders from its users. Those users who made options under the new pricing scheme introduced by TRAI have already noticed the activation of the same on their set-top box.
Tata Sky Regional Packs
Well, Tata Sky has launched 14 new regional packs. Take a look at the regional packs and pricing from here.
|Regional Channel Pack||Price|
|Gujarati Regional||Rs. 7|
|Tamil Regional||Rs. 114|
|Tamil Regional Mini||Rs. 71|
|Telugu Regional||Rs. 136|
|Telugu Regional Mini||Rs. 87|
|Kannada Regional||Rs. 115|
|Kannada Regional Mini||Rs. 86|
|Malayalam Regional||Rs. 70|
|Malayalam Regional Mini||Rs. 56|
|Bengali Regional||Rs. 67|
|Bengali Regional Mini||Rs. 42|
|Odia Regional||Rs. 47|
|Marathi Regional||Rs. 53|
|Marathi Regional Mini||Rs. 45|
Unlike Airtel Digital TV, Tata Sky has revealed the individual channels that are a part of these packs. Going by the same, the least priced Gujarati Regional pack offers 4 channels and services. And, the highest priced Telugu Regional pack offers 21 channels and services.
How to subscribe
Tata Sky users interested in the regional packs have to log into their account either via the app or website. For the basic users, these packs should be quite sufficient. The company also lets DD and complimentary packs to be added as a part of the free to air channels offer. So, users can choose the necessary regional packs given the fixed Rs. 153 charge.
Given that Airtel Digital TV and Tata Sky have come up with regional channel packs, we can expect the other DTH service providers to also bring similar regional packs for the users. This will reduce the hassle of choosing individual channels.