- 29 min ago Oppo K9s With Snapdragon 778G, 120Hz Display Launched; India Price, Availability
- 1 hr ago WhatsApp Web: How To Setup And Use It On Web Browser
- 1 hr ago Instagram Sunset Photo Drop Trend Might Not Be Just A Trend
- 2 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Portable Outdoor Party Speakers
- News Muslim marriage is a contract and not sacrament unlike a Hindu marriage: HC
- Movies Angelina Jolie's Daughter Zahara Stuns In Mom's Vintage Oscar Dress At Eternals LA Premiere
- Education Kerala SET January 2022 Registration Opens. Check KSET Exam Date, Admit Card And Eligibility Details Here
- Lifestyle Kubbra Sait And Deepika Padukone Can Give You Cues On How To Look Cool And Ace The Street-Style Look
- Finance These 3 Small Finance Banks Offering Interest On FD Up To 7.25%, Long Term And Short Term Comparison, Risks
- Sports James Pattinson, the Australian fast bowler, retires from cricket at 31
- Automobiles Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Why Are Minors Not Allowed To Purchase SIM Cards From Telecom Operators?
The Department of Telecommunication has come up with new norms where minors are not allowed to get the SIM. This means if any customer is less than 18 years, then he/ she cannot buy SIM from telecom operators in the country. Besides, minors customers are not allowed to apply for fixed-line connections also.
Customer Acquisition Form Should Be Filled To Get The New SIM
According to DoT, for buying the new SIM, customers have to fill a form called the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF). The form is specially designed for customers and telecom operators. It is a contract between customers and the telecom service providers. These forms come with terms and conditions, which should be accepted by customers and TSPs, reports Kerala Telecom.
DoT Section 11 For SIM Cards: Check Here For All Details
As per the Department of Telecommunications directions, customers should be above 18 years. Customers should have a sound mind while signing a form or contract. All customers should not be disqualified to meet the norms of the contract. Additionally, DoT has already shared guidelines with all telecom operators in the country and asked them to meet all the regulations.
How Many SIM Is Allowed?
As per DoT laws, a customer can purchase 18 SIMs in his and her name, where 9 SIMs for normal communications, whereas 9 SIMs can be accessed for M2M communications. However, to get M2M SIM, customers have to file a verification form and end customers have to file new details if they transfer their devices.
How To Check How Many SIM Issued On Your Aadhaar Card
The growing case of fraud SIM cards has forced DoT to announce new measures to check the unauthorized SIM on your names.
Here Are Some Steps To Check Unauthorised SIM
Step 1: Customers need to go tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in website.
Step 2: Now, they have to enter their mobile number in the box and tap on the request OTP option.
Step 3: After that, customers have to enter the OTP in the box and tap on the submit option.
Step 4: Now, customers are allowed to see all mobile numbers, which have been linked with their Aadhaar card.