- 28 min ago Google Pixel 5 Visits AI Benchmark Website; Processor Details Tipped
- 30 min ago Nokia 5310 Feature Phone Now Available Through Offline Stores
- 40 min ago WhatsApp To Enable Chat History Sync Across Platforms
- 1 hr ago Huawei Mate X2 Renders Reveal Stylus Pen, Laptop Mode; But Will It Come To India?
- Movies Not Mahesh Babu, But Suriya Or Karthi To Star In Lokesh Kanagaraj’s Next?
- News DGCA suspends two senior executives of AirAsia India for three months over 'safety violations'
- Sports 'Jesus could be in front of me and I'd probably still shoot' – Kuzma on game-winning shot
- Automobiles Honda Jazz BS6 Bookings Open Ahead Of India Launch: New Changes Revealed
- Lifestyle How Does Prone Positioning Help In The Management Of COVID-19 Patients?
- Finance Apple's CEO Tim Cook Becomes Billionaire As Share Price Soars
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Huami launches waterproof Amazfit Fitness band
Another fitness band has been manufactured by Huami.
You might have heard of Mi Band and Mi Band 2 which played very well in a wearable segment. They are actually manufactured by Huami, though they are branded as Xiaomi products.
Other than these devices, Huami also manufactures premium fitness bands with the brand name Amazfit. These Amazfit products are sold only in U.S and few Western markets. Now it has come up with another fitness band which is said to function similar to Mi Band 2. It also features to have more fitness and health tracking attributes in it. Now let us see what makes this device so special.
Display and Design
Weighing just 10g, this fitness band is said to be ultra-light. The body of this device is made up of both aluminum and stainless steel whereas, the strap is of skin-friendly rubber which is having a width of 19mm.
It is having an OLED display of 0.42-inch at the front and one can access time, date and other features using that display.
Different sensors used
The Amazfit smart band comes with various sensors such as ECG sensor, PPG photoelectric sensor, and a triaxial acceleration sensor.
The ECG sensor is designed to monitor heart rate, pulse and then display it on the device or any connected smartphone via low energy-Bluetooth 4.0. On the other hand, a PPG photoelectric sensor is used here to monitor the heart rate as well as sleep pattern.
Dust and Waterproof
The Amazfit band is IP67 certified. That is, the body of the device is built to withstand both dust and water. The device takes just 2.5 hours to get fully charged and it comes with a 95mAH battery. Once charged fully, it can last up to a week.
With so many fitness features, this band will be sold for a higher price of 699 Yuan (~$101). This is five times more than the current cost of the Mi Band 2. This device is offered in different color variants such as- Deep Black, Rose Gold, and Sapphire Blue.