- 1 hr ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 3 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 4 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 13 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- News Noose tightens on Swiss bank account holders; Details of at least 50 Indians being shared
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- Sports Stomping Grounds low ticket sales gives headache to WWE
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
SanDisk on top of India's storage flash memory market
California-based storage solutions provider SanDisk dominated India's consumer storage flash memory market during the second quarter of 2015, according to a report released by consultancy firm CyberMedia Research (CMR).
The market for micro SD cards, SD cards and flash drives, however, showed a 22 percent sequential decline in the 2015 second quarter when compared to the previous quarter. "The consumer storage market registered 20.5 million unit shipments during the second quarter (April-June) of 2015, showing 22 percent of sequential decline over the previous quarter.
The market witnessed a decline after growing sequentially over six quarters," CMR said. SanDisk's market share grew to 35 percent in the quarter under review from 27 percent in the previous quarter in terms of unit shipments. Transcend regained its number two spot and Strontium witnessed a seven percent sequential growth in the second quarter.
Overall shipments of consumer storage flash memory devices declined from 26.2 million in the first quarter of 2015 to 20.5 million units in the second quarter. "In terms of capacity, 8 GB remained the top contributor with a 36 percent market share in terms of unit shipments. The market continued to witness traction towards higher capacity segments of consumer storage flash memory devices," CMR said.
CMR also said that the market share of 16 GB flash memory devices grew by three percent quarter-on-quarter in the quarter under review. "Pen drive shipments were impacted in the second quarter due to imposition of anti-dumping duty on the product by end of April 2015, that resulted in reduced imports in the months of May and June," said Narinder Kumar, lead analyst, InfoTech and Channels Practices, CyberMedia Research.