TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Apple recently announced that its app store has reached 40 billion downloads. It is also noted that half (20 million) downloads were from 2012 alone. The reports say that December was the most active month with the app store seeing over 2 billion downloads. The iPhone maker clarified that the numbers exclude re-downloads or updates.
There are currently over 500 million app store accounts and this shows a massive increase in the use of iOS platform and its apps. Senior Vice President of Apple's internet and software services, Eddy Cue noted that it had been a wonderful year for the iOS community and that the developers have made more than seven billion dollars on the app store.
Apple takes only 30 per cent of the total revenue and gives the rest to the developers. This shows that Apple has made over $3billion from the app sales. The iPhone giant also disclosed some facts like Temple Run, a very popular game, was downloaded 75 million times and other games such as Clash of Clans and DragonVale together reaped 100 million dollars in revenue.
It is also seen that the press release issued testaments. This is to signify the quality of the iOS apps and was based on the likes of Temple Run's Keith Shepherd, Action Movie FX's JJ Abrams, Autodesk (SketchBook) and Bottle Rocket Apps.
The Apple app store currently has 775,000 apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Out of this around 30,000 apps are meant for iPad alone. Apple app stores, iTunes, are available in 155 countries around the world.