TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Apple has launched a new product effort quietly, allowing developers to use the store domain to create vanity domains in order to allow users to access their apps quickly. This has been revealed in the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' ad. At the last part of the advertisement for the latest film in the Star Trek franchise, Paramount has provided a quick promotion for the iOS app of the movie. The promotion is accompanied by a link to AppStore.com that will allow folks to reach the app easily.
The function of latest product promotion is similar to what Apple has done with iTunes links, but these links are designed so that people can easily remember them by memory or type into their mobile devices. The developers can give whatever name they wish to provide, after 'AppStore.com', for instance, AppStore.com/StarTrekApp.
Developers can choose this name when they submit the application or can just plug the name of the company into it so as to enable the search for more than one app on App Store. Apple has also put up an info page targeted at developers. The info page states that the URLs to their apps can be changed for Mac and iOS and also between individual apps and company-owned ones.
Marx Benioff, Salesforce CEO, had presented AppStore.com as personal gift to the late Steve Jobs after the digital store was introduced in 2008. Apple is engaged in legal wars with Amazon and others to obtain the exclusive rights to use the name of the store on OS X and iOS.