TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Apple TV had put up a product page in its Indian site and at the same time has silently launched the product Apple TV in the Indian market. The product is priced at Rs.7900. It was earlier announced that the product would be priced at Rs. 6,990.
Fans and users of Apple in India have been waiting for a long time for Apple to launch the renowned Apple TV in India. When Apple TV got launched in many other countries, Apple fans in India were forced to wait. Apparently the wait is over! The new product page, put up by Apple has been customized for India featuring a television screen displaying Bollywood movies including Ek Tha Tiger and Veer Zaara.
On the other hand, Apple TV launched is essentially a digital box that brings iTunes store content to televisions. Apple TV also connects iDevices to bigger displays. The iDevices are connected using AirPlay. Apple had launched iTunes store in India last year and it was only a matter of time for the iPhone giant to introduce Apple TV in India. Apple TV brings content not only from iTunes Store but also user's desktop, icloud etc. It also brings contents from apps such as Hulu and Netflix.
Apple TV lacks local storage options and so all contents need to be streamed from web or other devices. The third generation Apple TV that is launched in India supports a resolution of 1080 pixel. The device has features such as Ethernet port, HDMI port, Wi-Fi, 512 GB RAM, 8 GB NAND Flash Memory, and powered by Apple A5 processor. The Apple TV also comes with an Apple remote.
The launch of iTunes stores in India and recent launch of Apple TV enable Indian customers to buy and download music, both national and international. AirPlay is one of the unique selling features of Apple TV. It allows content from any iOS device or computer connected to iTunes music store to be sent to Apple TV.