TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
After several beta test versions, Apple has released iOS 6.1 - the first major update to iOS 6, which was released in September 2012. Users can upgrade their iOS devices either via over-the-air-update or download through iTunes.
Not all consumers may like to upgrade to the update of iOS 6, however, it comes with enough new features and bug fixes, thereby making the users to donwload it.
New features in iOS 6.1
The most important among the new features is 4G LTE support for more carriers. Also, the iTunes Match subscribers can download individual songs from iCloud, a feature that was silently removed from the previous software release.
On the privacy side, Apple has also added a way to reset Advertising Identifier, which acts as a control room for informing advertisers about web activity.
Speaking of other minor changes in iOS 6.1, the software update includes improved Apple Passbook, tweaks to Safari, reworked music playback controls from lock screen and back-end change in the mapping software of Apple.
How to update to iOS 6.1?
To download the app, visit Settings on iOS device and select General. The update will be available via the Software Update section within that screen. However, users should have at least 1GB storage to download iOS 6.1.
iOS 6.1 is available as a free software update and it is compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, New iPad, iPad 4 with Retina Display, iPad mini, iPad 2 and fourth and fifth generation iPod touch.
At the launch, Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing said, "iOS 6 is the world's most advanced mobile operating system, and with nearly 300 million iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices on iOS 6 in just five months, it may be the most popular new version of an OS in history. iOS 6.1 brings LTE support to more markets around the world, so even more users can enjoy ultrafast Safari browsing, FaceTime video calls, iCloud services, and iTunes and App Store downloads."