TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
The much-loved Apple's app gifting service has been relaunched with new features. The option had seen its end since the arrival of iOS 6 but is back right during the holidays. Now, the service has the attractive feature of selecting when you want the other person to receive your app gift, be it Christmas, birthdays or any other day you wish.
The service also allows you to send the gifts to a number of people at a time allowing you to save considerable time. The whole process of sending the app gift is also pretty easy.
All you have to do is select the app you want to gift from the information card of the service, Along with that, choose the recipient/recipients too. You have the option of selecting the date you want to send the gift. If you do not select the date, the gift will be send right away.
The app allows you to schedule a gift-sending in advance for about three months Wall Street Journal said that users having iOS 6 cannot avail this service while the app is accessible to iOS 5 users. However, iOS 6 smartphone owners can send their gifts through iTunes by using their computers. This is inconvenient compared to sending from your phone, but it still helps you forego trudging out into the cold to buy gifts.
And what if you do not know what your friend would want for a gift? Apple has a solution for this dilemma too. The iTunes Gift card can be send to the recipients. For the Android users on your shopping list, Google does not give an app gifting service but the option of Google Play Gift Card is available for upto $50 (approx Rs. 2780). Even though it is not the same as sending particular apps, it is still a pleasant gesture.