- 3 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy A11, Galaxy M31 Get Wi-Fi Certification
- 5 hrs ago Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Hands-On: 14” Portable Gaming Laptop With AMD’s Latest Ryzen 4000 Series CPU
- 5 hrs ago Vodafone Offering 270GB Data With Its Rs. 997 Prepaid Plan
- 5 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Vs Galaxy S10 Lite: Battle Of Value Flagships
- Sports Sports Ministry de-recognises Indian Rowing Federation for violating Sports Code
- Movies Disco Raja Pre-Release Business Report: The Ravi Teja Starrer Crosses 22-Crore Mark!
- News Siddaramiah seeks fair probe in Mangalore Airport bomb case
- Lifestyle Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Apple Releases OS X Yosemite v10.10.2 Now Available for Download
Along with iOS 8.1.3 that brings enhancements and fixes to iOS devices, Apple recently released OS X Yosemite v10.10.2 for Macs on Tuesday. OS X Yosemite v10.10.2 fixes a certain issues that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect, another issue such as Web pages to load slowly. The update also states that it fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight search to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail, a problem that had raised some privacy concerns recently.
Users can install the update by going to the Mac App Store>Updates. We recommend backing up your Mac using Time Machine or any other application before installing any system update.
The updates include the following fix and improvements:
- Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect.
- Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail.
- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones.
- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine.
- Improves VoiceOver speech performance.
- Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly.
- Improves stability and security in Safari.
- Enterprise content.
Recommended Link: 10 Samsung Smartphones to Receive Android Lollipop Via OTA
For enterprise customers, this update:
- Improves performance for browsing DFS shares in the Finder
- Fixes an issue where certain Calendar invitations could be displayed at the incorrect time
- Fixes an issue for Microsoft Exchange accounts where the organizer of a meeting might not be notified when someone accepts an invitation using Calendar
- Addresses an issue where Safari could continually prompt for credentials when accessing a site protected by NTLM authentication
- Adds the ability to set "Out of Office" reply dates for Microsoft Exchange accounts in Mail.
There are few more updates and fixes which have been rolled out along with the OS which include:
Bluetooth Available for: OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5, OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges Description: An integer signedness error existed in IOBluetoothFamily which allowed manipulation of kernel memory. This issue was addressed through improved bounds checking. This issue does not affect OS X Yosemite systems. CVE-ID CVE-2014-4497.
Bluetooth Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10 and v10.10.1 Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges Description: An error existed in the Bluetooth driver that allowed a malicious application to control the size of a write to kernel memory. The issue was addressed through additional input validation. CVE-ID CVE-2014-8836 : Ian Beer of Google Project Zero.
Stay tune to Gizbot for more updates!