TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Stranded In No Man’s Land; Probe On To Ascertain How 31 Rohingyas Crossed Over
- Double Digit Salary Hike This Year In India; Most In Asia
- Gigapixel And Terapixel Imaging — Explained
- India vs New Zealand — The Highs And Lows
- Maruti Ertiga To Come In A Luxury-Focussed 6-Seater Format — An Ideal Business Companion?
- PM Modi Reacts To Kartik Aaryan's 'Backfie' Photo!
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- How To Cover Up A Tattoo With Make-up?
BBC has launched it's new weather app for Android and iOS platforms. To put it in one sentence the app gives users a quick overview of the weather conditions. BBC Weather sports a simple and clean design which pretty much does what it's meant to do, that is to provide accurate and in-depth forecast information.
Once launched, the app immediately detects your location and give you an overview of the weather conditions of the locality. The app appears to be in par for both Android and iOS platforms, in terms of features. However, the Google's Operating System gets a homescreen widget for easier access.
The app even gives details about Pressure, Visibility and Humidity with just a tap. Users can get detailed weather information every 3 hours for the next 48 hours. Users will also be able to add 10 locations to favourites, which can be accessed quickly with a simple swipe up. Moreover, share favorite locations feature is available for NFC enabled phones.
The app will indeed go against the the pre-loaded weather apps that come along with the two Platforms. Besides, it should also compete with the Yahoo! Weather app which was recently launched for Android and iPhone.
"We know that our audiences really want that at-a-glance forecast when they're out and about, with the option of digging for further detail when they need or want to," says Liz Howell, Head of BBC Weather. "That's exactly what we've delivered, squeezing in all of our trusted data into an app that's simple to use and looks fantastic."