TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry has been limping through and through in the market for a long time now and the only string that has attached it to the market is its popular instant messaging app called BBM.
The app which the company has also made available for the Android and iOS devices coupe of months ago has helped to keep up the name of the company stirring in the market.
Moreover, yesterday, the company once popular for its QWERTY handsets has brought support to more features for Android and iOS devices users who use the BBM app. The main feature being the voice call support to the BBM contacts via the app. However, the app will use either the WiFi or the mobile data connection for this.
Additionally, the new update also brings BBM Channels to both Android and iOS. The service that was launched earlier last year allows users to engage in conversation with like minded BBM users on topics of common interest. Glympse based location sharing is another feature that we feel particularly stands out from the competition.
You can switch on location sharing for a pre-defined period of time. Also With Dropbox built in to BBM, you can send a file from your personal cloud directly to a BBM contact. On the receiving end, save the file directly to your smartphone or add it to your Dropbox account. You also get to see new emoticons in the new update.
BlackBerry is also set to revamp its entire products and marketing strategy this year as the company has already been rumored to come up with a new low-end device called the Jakarta which will be running on the company's latest BB10 platform. Also the company is reportedly said to come up with a high-end smartphone this year itself.