TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Back in May 2013, BlackBerry's Product Manager Michael Clewley confirmed that the BlackBerry 10.2 OS update will be released later this year. He also reveled some of the features that the update would bring, including the standard Unicode emojis, multiple alarms, reminders and level 1 notifications.
Coming to the present, screenshots of the pre-release version of the new update have been leaked, better showcasing the features. Seems like the company has taken all the user demands into consideration and will be adding richer and more interactive notifications. The leaks which were made by CrackBerry forums reveal that the new update will enable users to quickly act on the notifications, for example they will be able to quickly reply to messages, by just tapping on a new notification.
The screen shots also reveal Wi-Fi Direct support feature, which will allow devices running on the new OS to directly connect to other supporting devices in order to share data. The screen shots also reveal, what seems to be an native Evernote app for the BlackBerry Operating System. The icon of the note taking app appear in one of the images.
The company had also previously confirmed that BlackBerry 10.2 will bring support for Android Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean apps. Well BlackBerry may be incurring losses in the smartphone segment, but they look determined to change fortunes for the company, with any means necessary. There is no release date mentioned for the BlackBerry 10.2 update, but judging by the already unveiled features, it is shaping up to give other platforms a nice scare.