TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Couple of months back, most of the Indian Smartphone manufacturers already announced saying that the popular Blackberry messaging app BBM would come pre-installed in their upcoming handsets.
Now the instant messaging app is said to become a standard feature on the new handsets that are being sold in other markets like Africa, Indonesia, Latin America and the Middle-East as well.
It should be noted that the free BBM app is in fact running in all the devices running on Android and iOS platform. However, currently, there are quite a number of instant messaging apps available for the Android devices in the app stores like WhatsApp and Line. Thus there is a fierce competition that the latest BBM app will be facing soon.
Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President for BBM at BlackBerry said, "It is clear that smartphone customers see BBM as a must have app for active conversations. The uptake we have seen for BBM since the launch on Android and iPhone is amazing,"
He further added, "We're thrilled to be working with leading Android smartphone manufacturers from across the globe to help bring their customers the best out-of-the-box experience with BBM preinstalled."
It is reportedly said that the company will start preinstalling the app on handsets sold by Be, Brightstar, Celkon, EVERCOSS, IMO, Micromax, Mito, Snexian, Spice, TECNO, TiPhone and Zen from December onwards.