TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
BlackBerry PlayBook tablet owners can soon boast of a native BlackBerry Messenger on their devices. A leaked shot of the alleged BBM app has surfaced over at the Chinese site, BBOTA.cn which displays a completed application that is ready to reach RIM's tablet PCs.
The site claims that BlackBerry 10 OS will be hitting PlayBooks sometime in January, which will bring along with it the BBM app with features such as video and voice chat. It has been rumoured that BlackBerry 10 will be released for the PlayBooks first, before other BlackBerry devices, as part of RIM's marketing strategy.
Rumors of a native BlackBerry Messenger app have been doing the rounds for quite some time now. However, only when the screenshot of the app surfaced that any information of its looks has been revealed.
It is said that the application has been completed and is ready for deployment. It is expected to work very efficiently over Wi-Fi networks even when the tablet is without BIS or SIM.
There have been several complaints from PlayBook users and people who want to buy the device that it lacks BBM. The current subscribers of BIS/BES can use a bridge but this cannot be done by others. BBM had been starkly missing from the PlayBook. With the introduction of Blackberry Messenger for PlayBooks, these complaints would finally be put to rest.
RIM had been diligently working towards releasing several updates to make the BlackBerry PlayBook a much better device. All PlayBook owners can keep an eye out for update notifications coming their way. Even though the dates are not known, the updates are sure to arrive soon. It remains to be seen what new features native BBM app holds for PlayBook owners or whether BlackBerry 10 is really on its way to PlayBooks first.