TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
DropBox, the popular cloud storage device has entered the Windows store with a Metro Style DropBox app. This app will work on Windows 8 and Windows RT devices. Earlier, DropBox came up with an app which worked only on Windows 8 but did not work on windows RT.
The app was featured by Windows at its Build Developer conference but the app has hit the Windows store only now. The new app has some distinct features which allow the users to open and edit files from other Windows 8 apps.
The app also allows sharing of folders and files and this can be done through the Share Charm built-in the new app. The app also adds support for the Charm which makes it more orderly. Windows store was recently in news for crossing the 35,000 app mark. Windows app store is growing in a very rapid phase and is all set to reach new benchmarks.
The app store was desolate when it launched Windows 8 both in terms of quality and quantity. The 35,000 mark reached by the web store just over 2 years down the line is a clear indication that Microsoft has worked on the app eco-system to expand it in a fast way. The app store was adding 362 apps per day in November and at this rate is expected to reach the 50,000 mark soon.
However, the Windows apps remain a bit lower in quality compared to the apps of Google or Apple. The DropBox app does have a lot of expectations riding on it.