TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- MHA: State Approval Mandatory For Indian Citizenship
- India Vs New Zealand 1st ODI — Live Updates
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Facebook has updated its Andorid app to v2.1 and this has brought in new enhancements for the Android device users. The users can now upload and share images faster and the biggest change made with the recent update is the ability to send voice messages to friends.
This may not be anything new to the users as Facebook has added the functionality to its Messenger last month. Further, the new upgrade also allows faster photo viewing and sharing experience for the users. The social networking giant says that photos appear quickly when users open photos from this app.
The next charm of the update is that users can now share the stories of friends on their timeline, groups and pages. This certainly is going to expand the sharing options. The Facebook messenger app introduced by Facebook a couple of weeks ago worked well on both iOS and Android platforms.
Facebook also extended its VoIP calling facilities to the iOS users in US. The facility will be a big help to users who intend to save on their calling charges. Facebook for Android also received an upgrade a month ago. Version 2.0 worked fast when it came to posting photos, launching the app and opening the timeline. The users had complaints about the speeds for sometime but later it was resolved by Facebook.
Although calling is made free by Facebook, the users have to pay their data usage charges when they use 3G or 4G networks. Facebook is certainly trying to go one step further by regular updating its app and is trying to become an SMS or iMessage challenger.