TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Facebook came out with a new update to its Messenger app yesterday which is applicable for iOS and Android devices. Facebook users can make use of voice messages functionality with this update.
With this option, voice messages of 1 minute duration can be recorded and sent to friends just like sending text messages. There is also chance of including VoIP calling capability which is currently on a testing stage in Canada.
The left hand side of the text input box houses a ‘+' button which can be pressed to access the "Record Voice" option. After entering recording mode, users have to first tap on the record button and then speak out the message by making use of iPhone's mic.
An equalizer display which is seen next to the record option helps with adjusting the volume levels of the message. It also intimate when the message length reaches the time limit of 60 seconds. Once the recording process is over, the record button needs to be released and the message can be sent.
As per reports, the VoIP calling facility is all set to roll out in a few weeks time. The feature is now in testing stage in Canada and is expected to roll out to USA and Europe also if it comes out well.
To highlight this facility over the most commonly used Skype app, Facebook friends' list access is included in this updated app. Facebook Messenger iOS app can be downloaded free of cost from the App Store.