TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Even though it has not been made official, Facebook is expected to be coming up with a Mobile Location-Tracking App soon. As per statements from Facebook officials who refused to mention their names, Facebook will launch a new app to trace out the mobile location of users which is now on work. If the news is true, the app will hit the handsets by the middle of March.
About 1 million users are accessing the mobile version of Facebook and company is releasing the new app to make the most out of it. This app helps users in tracking out friends at nearby locations and some company officials can take advantage of it to confirm that their employees are within the work area. Facebook can benefit from this app by learning about the hang-outs of users and thereby include ads to sell items that would appeal to them.
There is already provision for accessing the GPS coordinates of mobile users via Facebook app and the level of data tracking is becoming more precise with this app. Reportedly, Peter Deng is the person who is leading this app project and he has been working with the firm for more than 6 years.
The only drawback mentioned about this app is that there is limited provision for keeping the user's data private once this app goes live. However, Facebook is planning to add options to get permission of users before tracking their locations, inspired by Apple's policy on the same lines.