TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Even though it has not been made official, Facebook is expected to be coming up with a Mobile Location-Tracking App soon. As per statements from Facebook officials who refused to mention their names, Facebook will launch a new app to trace out the mobile location of users which is now on work. If the news is true, the app will hit the handsets by the middle of March.
About 1 million users are accessing the mobile version of Facebook and company is releasing the new app to make the most out of it. This app helps users in tracking out friends at nearby locations and some company officials can take advantage of it to confirm that their employees are within the work area. Facebook can benefit from this app by learning about the hang-outs of users and thereby include ads to sell items that would appeal to them.
There is already provision for accessing the GPS coordinates of mobile users via Facebook app and the level of data tracking is becoming more precise with this app. Reportedly, Peter Deng is the person who is leading this app project and he has been working with the firm for more than 6 years.
The only drawback mentioned about this app is that there is limited provision for keeping the user's data private once this app goes live. However, Facebook is planning to add options to get permission of users before tracking their locations, inspired by Apple's policy on the same lines.