TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Last year, Google added handwriting input to the Google translate app for Android and now it has brought the feature to Desktop. Handwriting input lets you translate a written expression, even when you are not aware on how to type in the character.
Product Manager Xiangye Xiao writes in his blog "For example, suppose you see the Chinese expression "饺子" and want to know its meaning in English, but have no idea how to type these characters. Using the new handwriting input tool, you can simply draw these characters on your screen and instantly see the translation".
You can just draw a character using the handwriting input tool and google will translate it into English. To use the feature, user will first have to select the input language and the the input tools icon appears at the bottom of the text. Clicking on the icon will open a drop-down menu, from where you can switch to handwriting. Now begin drawing characters on the main panel of the handwriting tool and Google translate it for you instantly. You can write multiple characters at a time.
Google currently has handwriting support handwriting support for 45 languages , including Indian languages - Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil and Telugu. The handwriting input feature is also Google Input Tools Chrome extension,Gmail, Drive, Chrome, and Android.