TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Google Maps for iOS has been updated to version 2.0 bringing in a dedicated tablet design optimized for iPad. This includes all the features of Google Maps, including Street View, to a larger screen. The new update also bring several other search and navigation features.
The update brings navigation enhancements - now gives you traffic updates and reports on incidents such as road closures, construction, accidents, and more . Google Maps also gives schedule information for more than one million public transit stops around the world. Also, people who like to bike can get turn-by-turn directions and voice guided navigation for more than 330,000 miles of trails, paths, and bike lanes around the world.
The update also brings explore feature which gives users an easy way to visually browse and discover new places. Now you can simply tap the search box and see cards showing great local places to eat, drink, shop, play, and sleep.
Adding to the list of features, Google maps will now feature a new 5 star rating system, which allows you to quickly view the ratings given by your friends and others on restaurants, bars and cafes. Also, the search results will now come integrated with Zagat badge of excellence and curated lists, so you get expert opinions on places. This will make it easier to spot the best places in town.
Moving on Google maps now helps you discover great offers from national brands, by labeling them on the map. Also, the update adds Indoor maps to the mapping app- walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
Most of these features were introduced in Android recently, so you can say app for both the platforms are now in par. You can download the latest version of Google Maps of iOS on Apps Store.