TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
The Google Play store is growing rapidly and is expected to hit 1 million apps by this June. It is a simple truth that the play store is growing in an unbelievable way. The reports say, it took around 2 years for Google to reach the 100,000 mark ever since the launch of Android market.
Now after the 100,000 mark which is a milestone in itself, it is expected to take just about 2.5 years before Google hits the 1 million mark this June.
The numbers were made available by The Sociable, which also revealed how the Google Play Store made its mark to the present day. Google gathered only 16,000 apps in the first year of Android market in December 2009. The numbers saw a steep increase from then on and peaked to 100,000 the year after that.
Two years later the official numbers were 700,000 apps. The latest prediction of The Sociable says that there are 800,000 apps in the Google Play Store. It also predicts the figures will reach 900,000 apps by April and to 1 million by June 2013.
The Google play store is growing in a larger way compared to the iTunes app store and can be expected to reach the 1 million app mark even sooner than Apple does. Google equalized Apple in the number of apps added in October.
This achievement and numbers may not matter much for the smartphone users. But these numbers are a proof that Android is growing not only in the US, but at the international level. Google lovers need to wait just a little longer to see their favorite play store reaching the 1 million mark.