TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
How To Use AirDrop In iOS7 Running Devices For Transferring Files
Of all the features that made the iPhone users go crazy and excited last year, when they received the latest iOS 7 update, the AirDrop feature is probably one. The feature, which was introduced alongside the iOS 7 for iPad and iPhone, helps in sharing files with other supported Mac computers and iOS mobile devices without the need of email.
But Apple's OS X and iOS use different AirDrop protocols and are currently not inter-operable. The basic difference between the two is that while iOS uses both WiFi and Bluetooth, the OS X only functions on WiFi connectivity.
Before heading over to learning how-to use the app, lets talk about how it works first. AirDrop for iOS first uses Bluetooth to create a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network between two devices. Each device creates a firewall around the connection and files are sent encrypted, which actually makes it safer compared to email and other medium.
Moreover, it will also automatically detect nearby supported devices and the devices need to be in a range to be connected via Wi-Fi, which makes it possible to share files across several rooms.
Here are 6 simple steps which will help you use the AirDrop feature in iOS devices:
First of all the you have to enable the AirDrop app by simply tapping on the icon in the Control Center. Both the sender and receiver should enable the app.
Launch the respective folder you want to share from (gallery, music, video for example).
You should now find and select the item(s) you want to share with the other device owner(s)
Tap on the Share button and wait a few seconds for AirDrop to detect other nearby devices.
After the app finishes searching the other device, an icon will appear, simply tap the icon of the person/device you want to send to.
The receiver can simply tap on accept to receive the respective item.