TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
India-based Start-up launches Mobile App for Clicking Selfie with Mangalyaan
Hyderabad city-based start-up Smartur has developed a mobile application (app) built on augmented reality that allows users of Android phone and iOS mobile devices to click a selfie with Indian spaceship Mangalyaan that is due to land on Mars next week.
The Smartur app will provide the mobile users a platform to experience and participate in India's most important space programme milestone - the historic arrival of Mangalyaan on Mars on September 24, according to a release yesterday.
The Smartur app is an augmented reality app that has been developed using a 3D model and provides the user with an almost 'real' experience of seeing the object (in this case Mangalyaan) in their living environment, the release said.
The app allows the participants to click and upload/ share innovative pictures that can look like Mangalyaan is lifting off from their hands or out of their car or any other idea that comes to their mind, it said.
A participant would be required to download the app for free on their mobile device and take a print out of the 'Marker' (a marker is a design that helps the model the Mangalyaan to be placed in reality). The combination of the app and marker would give users an actual feel of being right there with the Mangalyaan, it said.
Have a look at the video below.
<center><iframe width="100%" height="450" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QnCSGHWLA7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>