TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Reports say that iPhone remains popular among US smartphone users. The final months of 2012 saw heavy sales of iPhone in US. Global data indicate that android was popular and handsets running on android topped the sales lists.
The Kantar World panel report indicated the popularity of devices in 2012. Apple iPhones saw a sale of 51.2 per cent in the US in a period of 12-weeks which ended on 23rd December 2012. The data shows android phones backed by Google made sales which crossed 44 percent and the windows operating system from Microsoft gained only 2.6 percent and was in third place.
Markets in Britain, China, Germany, Australia and Spain prefer android powered devices more as compared to iPhones or windows. However, iPhones are preferred the most in Japan and the United States, according to a report from Kantor.
The reports also indicate the sale of windows phones are increasing in Europe and it is sales figures in Italy and Britain shows an increase of 13.9 and 5.9 per cent. The windows phones are starting to gain respectable numbers when it comes to shares. Its performance in US and Chinese markets are relatively poor and this has to be overcome by the software giant, Microsoft.
The end of the year 2012 saw android platform topping the list but it is now slowly declining as the first-time buyers are now less and easy-win strategy of Android is affected. Android is the platform used by many leading manufacturers such as LG, Acer and Samsung.