TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Reports say that iPhone remains popular among US smartphone users. The final months of 2012 saw heavy sales of iPhone in US. Global data indicate that android was popular and handsets running on android topped the sales lists.
The Kantar World panel report indicated the popularity of devices in 2012. Apple iPhones saw a sale of 51.2 per cent in the US in a period of 12-weeks which ended on 23rd December 2012. The data shows android phones backed by Google made sales which crossed 44 percent and the windows operating system from Microsoft gained only 2.6 percent and was in third place.
Markets in Britain, China, Germany, Australia and Spain prefer android powered devices more as compared to iPhones or windows. However, iPhones are preferred the most in Japan and the United States, according to a report from Kantor.
The reports also indicate the sale of windows phones are increasing in Europe and it is sales figures in Italy and Britain shows an increase of 13.9 and 5.9 per cent. The windows phones are starting to gain respectable numbers when it comes to shares. Its performance in US and Chinese markets are relatively poor and this has to be overcome by the software giant, Microsoft.
The end of the year 2012 saw android platform topping the list but it is now slowly declining as the first-time buyers are now less and easy-win strategy of Android is affected. Android is the platform used by many leading manufacturers such as LG, Acer and Samsung.