TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
In July, IRCTC made possible to book railway tickets via SMS and now making the ticket booking more easier, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has once again launched a new application for Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices. This is an addition to their already existing booking portal which is widely used.
However, the App which is developed in collaboration with Microsoft is made for Windows devices. Thus users of smartphones, desktop, tablet, laptop running on Windows platform can download the application free of cost as per their requirement from the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store respectively. Moreover, for Android devices the app has already been made available around August.
The 1 MB weighing app also contains Citibank as a Payment Gateway. Users can also choose other bank's debit or credit card as well while making payment.
The App enables the users to do a multiple tasks at a go. One can make railway reservations, check the PNR status easily. Sadly it is not a 24 hour round service and will not function between 8 AM and 12 AM and 11.30 PM and 12.30 AM as per the existing Railway guidelines.
Reportedly, Rakesh Tandon, CMD of IRCTC said, "With this alternative channel of booking, the passengers will have an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket,".
Users can download the app for Windows Phone from here and for Android devices click here.