TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
In July, IRCTC made possible to book railway tickets via SMS and now making the ticket booking more easier, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has once again launched a new application for Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices. This is an addition to their already existing booking portal which is widely used.
However, the App which is developed in collaboration with Microsoft is made for Windows devices. Thus users of smartphones, desktop, tablet, laptop running on Windows platform can download the application free of cost as per their requirement from the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store respectively. Moreover, for Android devices the app has already been made available around August.
The 1 MB weighing app also contains Citibank as a Payment Gateway. Users can also choose other bank's debit or credit card as well while making payment.
The App enables the users to do a multiple tasks at a go. One can make railway reservations, check the PNR status easily. Sadly it is not a 24 hour round service and will not function between 8 AM and 12 AM and 11.30 PM and 12.30 AM as per the existing Railway guidelines.
Reportedly, Rakesh Tandon, CMD of IRCTC said, "With this alternative channel of booking, the passengers will have an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket,".
Users can download the app for Windows Phone from here and for Android devices click here.